Monday, December 24, 2007
Aryan has a new bedtime schedule now. He has a book of animals and he makes sure to see his favourite Cat , Horse , Dog , Lion and Panda. He would invariably place his finger on each of these and insist you to tell whats that. And yes he has learnt to roar and to bark :-)
So after we are done with talking to all the animals , its time to sleep now.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Mumma : "Aao beta , soyenge."
Aryan pays no attention.
Mumma : "Chalo ..Aryan thak gaya hai na , subah khelenge."
Pulls him to sleep next to Mumma.
Aryan finds an escape.
Mumma : "Ok then Mumma is sleeping alone.Aaaaa,aaaaa,aaaaa"
Mumma pats at her own forehead.
Aryan comes and lies down next to Mumma , Pulls Mumma's hand to his forehead.
Aryan : "Aaaaaa,aaaaa,aaaa"
Mumma : "Aaaaaa,aaaaa,aaaa"
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
He was always fascinated with phones but recently he has developed PHONE MANIA. It goes as follows :
At the sight of a mobile phone , he shouts ..which means he wants that.
On holding the phone , he dials something and then, he climbs over his Mumma/ Papa (whoever is the easier target at the moment) and puts the phone on his/her ear. Now what .."TALK". We are supposed to talk to someone ...what if he can't tell the person's name , Mumma/Papa is supposed to know.
So we are supposed to pose as Aryan and talk on his behalf to his "Dadi" ,"Nani" ,"Dadu", "Nanu","Mamu" ,"Taiji" or Bhaiya".
If we are not lucky enough to guess who the desired listener is , in first attemt , Aryan takes the phone away, dials another number and the process is repeated again ...till we are able to guess , who does he wants to talk.
And for the record , Dadi , Nanu and Bhaiya(cousin bro) are most prefered at the listener end these days.
We went home for Diwali vacation recently and Aryan had whole lot of fun. So let me begin with some fond moments back home.
Aryan had lot of fun with his Mamu(My brother),which includes a race on their fours. I do not have the race video now , but here are some other pics.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Dear Aryan , I know I have been a busy and lazy mom for all these months ...I seriously apologize sweety..I should have written so many so many things about you ...But I promise I would try to be regular now ..
But now I do not know where to start from .... *scratching my head*..(as always ..)
Scrapped at 8:33 PM
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Aryan has a Love-Hate relationship with NODDY. Nope not the noddy as in the cartoon character. I usually give his toys a name and Noddy is the name of "HIT ME" dog.
Quite recently Aryan developed a special love for it.The sight of it brings a BIG BIG SMILE on his face and a spark in his eyes. He knows it by the name Noddy. And how am I so sure ? Last week Aryan was down with fever. One night at 3.00 AM , he was uneasy and woke up. To pacify him , I said , "Papa please bring Aryan's Noddy for him" and guess what the same spark in his eyes. And he was delighted when Anupam brought the toy from the other room.
And how does he play with it ? He hits it , pulls its ears, try to climb it , caresses it and kisses it on its eyes. Thats why I said Love-Hate relationship :)
Have a look :
Scrapped at 9:59 PM
Monday, September 3, 2007
Do you believe that kids have a biological clock , which can not only find out time of the day but also DAY of the WEEK. Believe it or not , Aryan knows its a friday evening ,whenever it is. He knows that Mumma Papa (and he too) has a off next day and that they will be awake till late. He is in full masti mood on fridays and laughs and plays till late. On the other days though he usually sleeps by 9.30 PM or maximum 10.00 PM
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Whenever I do not do something as desired by Aryan, he gets angry and bites me hard.As hard as possible.Now its getting worse, he bites and he pinches on my cheeks with both hands. I do not know how do I handle this situation.Its getting worse day by day.Will he grow up to be an 'ANGRY YOUNG MAN' ?
But yesterday was a ray of hope.I was feeding him and he held my fingers between his teeth.It was so hard that I had tears in my eyes.He looked at my face and realized that I am in pain.So what does he do ? He gave me peck on my cheek..one on each cheek :-)
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Have you heard of this new game.If not , come and see in our house.You will see a mumma running behind a toddler.A toddler , who has not yet learnt to walk , but can run(*swim) on his tummy. And he gets super-duper excited and giggles, when he sees mumma following him (especially with the dinner plate to serve him).
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Sometime back I did a post on how Aryan tried to make a friend.But thats not all , its not just the kids, he is a true social bee.
Take a look :
1. While travelling in car , he would try every trick to attract the biker on a red light. If no biker is available , he would even try to attract the people in nearby cars. And his smile works atleast once a day :)
2. Few days back, standing in the billing queue at a grocery shop , he was smiling and staring at a foriegner behind us. The lady had no idea of what was going on and was chatting with someone else. He did not give in , till she looked at him and went all crazy about his smile.They shared flying kisses when we left :D
3. Last week he was not well and he took him to hospital , twice a week. He had bad cough and was weak. But the doctor and junior doctor thought we are fools to bring him to hospital. He did not even cough once in 1 hour. He was smiling all the time.When doctor wanted to see his throat , he showed his teeth. While leaving the doctor told me that he is such a "SMILING BABY". I was telling the junior doctor that he forgets all cough when he comes to hospital , who in turn told me , please leave him here and we will take care of him :P
4. Yesterday evening I was taking a walk with him. He grabbed the attention of another old lady who was taking a walk.When she started talking to him , he offered her to take him in her lap. And then he was happily smiling at me from her lap :P
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Aryan is partially potty trained. Most of the times he makes a typical noise whenever he needs to 'GO'.So if we are alert and fast enough, to make him sit on his potty seat, life is easy. But since last few days, he will just make us run and do nothing.Past two days have been awesome. He has realized that this is ultimate way to grab attention.So whenever I am busy with something, he will make the typical noise and when I ask him "Susu aayi.." , he would happily laugh :-O
Same way ,he found another ultimate way to draw attention.Its like this , "put your finger in your mouth and act like you are about to throw and you will find mummy running to pick you and papa fetching you some water. "
Ahh..these kids are way too smart !!
Yesterday I knew that I have a Foot Ball player in making !
He can not yet walk on his own and needs to hold our fingers to walk.But while walking with that assistance he can sure kick the ball.BALL ..nope, I BIG Beach ball.And that too with great confidence.He manages himself on his left leg when the right goes up to kick the ball with all the force.So who knows India too will have an international football team in near future.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Asha wrote about how she would be missing those kicks when Zumzum pops out.This inspired me to write what all I miss ,now that he is a BIG boy ..1 year old.
1. My pregnancy , yes I miss ,however horrible I looked , but still I miss. I miss that excitement, eagerness and the fear of unknown.I miss those guessing sessions about Aryan being a boy/girl , about him resembling Anupam or me,about him coming early and uninvited.I miss the kicks inside and the anxiety wen he would not kick.I also miss the attention that I used to get from friends , family and Anupam :)
2. The pink cute little wringled baby , whom I was scared to touch and lift.But he is still Cute !
3. Those nursing sessions.Though I had loads of weird feeding issues in the begining ,still I miss those days , when he would cuddle with me every 2 hours and sleep with content in my arms.It brings an ultimate satisfaction and fulfillment.And you realize that more now , when he just won't want to lie down in your arms, he has so much to do you see!
4. The wait to hear Mumma from him :-)
5. The code word conversation , he is not doing that from quite sometime now :((
6. The afternoon play sessions with him.When MIL stayed with us and my office was also close by , I would go home to nurse him and play with him.MIL would then take some rest and so it was just my time with him and we both loved it.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
1. As always my little boy is a machine freak. Be it computer , Fridge, microwave or washing machine. YES ..Washing machine is the favourite and most prefered.His love for it is driving us crazy.As soon as we get into the house in the evenings ,he jumps from our lap and go crawling and shouting to see it its running.Similarly as soon as he gets into his senses in the morning he goes up to check it out.Whenever someone gets into that room(we have washing machine in a small room ,which is not in use for anything else) he crawls behind.If he is crying and is out of control ,we can take him to washing machine and we are DONE.If we wish to make him sit on his potty for little longer ,place the potty in front of WS and let him play with its door. If washing machine is running , then I can finish some other work at peace , as he will be staring at it.What more can I ask , single medicine for all kinds of pains :)
I thought we can use him in an WS commercial :-D ,Anupam says that he will grow up to be a washer man :-D :-D and my father said may be he is a reincarnation of an astraunaut and the rotation brings back some memories :-D :-D :-D
2. Dances on disco music in bhajan style. I play instrumental disco on his piano and he goes dancing ( in sitting position ofcourse).
3. Loves to cherish his looks and smiles.You can place him in front of mirror and he will give it all kinds of smiles.
4. Loves to sprinkle Murmure(puffed rice) on the floor and then finding them to put in his mouth.
5. Loves to bite me and keep biting(inspite of me telling No) till I loose my patience and shout in pain. To which he will smile.
6. Jump from our lap and stand holding our hands.
7. His interest to break his papa's specs have shifted to my mobile.My poor mobile has scars all over its body and I don't plan to change it till it says a final good-bye.
8. Bullying Kids in Malls/Markets.Don't go by his age.It can be a 10 year old kid or a 6 months old.He will make sure to catch his/her attention. And yes ! all the female sales girls , would know him well.
9. Bathing ...ohh I was almost missing it out.That still remains favourite as ever.He can go on and on and he loves touching the falling water.
10.Bottles.One of the lastest love..hehehe..well,not the ones you thought about.It can be a water bottle , mosturier bottle,bath gel or whatever.He can play with them for long time. But, no longer , yesterday he discovered to open the water bottle and I found him drenched. Now thats scary!
Monday, July 30, 2007
Sometime back I wrote how Aryan is busy counting my hair these days.So his target is yet not achieved.Today I tied my hair in slightly different manner , made a bun using a clutcher.
Aryan was so surprised looking at me. I took him in my lap and he peeped from left and from right. And then he looked at me with an question mark on his face , as if "Where are your hair Mumma ?" In reply, I smiled at him ...and he also smiled back and peeped again from left and then right. His expression was like .."Where the hell they are and why is she smiling ?"
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Few days back my father called up to speak to Aryan.I usually keep the mobile on speaker and Aryan holds it in his hands and replies (in his own code words) to whatever my papa says .During his last visit papa taught him to do "HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA" in a special way. So Papa tells him .."Aryan do HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA" and he drops off the mobile and goes "huuuaaa...".The mobile broke open and got switched off . I called up my father later to tell him what an obedient grand child he has got!!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Aryan enjoy's gift from Taiji and Tauji.Pics taken in Bangalore on 24th July, 2007.
"See my Engine :) "
"WOW it has an Steering too ! "
"Me going for a ride"
Editted to Add : I got a call from Aryan's tai ji after she read this post. She informed me that the gift is not from them but only and only from Aryan's cousin (their 3 years old son).
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
I've had twelve months
to learn and play and grow
Now I'm turning one...
Look at me go!
Aryan completes first year on 21st July.Here is the Invite to a small get together that we will have. Phone number and address have been masked for privacy issues.
Aryan has Mumma and Papa days.So for one week he would be a Mumma's boy and for another Papa's.
These days its papa's turn. Yesterday was heights. He refused to come to me for eating and sleeping too. He ate , sitting in his father's lap. While one bed , Anupam went out of the room to fetch some water and got stuck , talking to his parents.So, Aryan forgot to sleep and calls his papa like "Aaaa Paa paa Aaaa paa paaa", till papa was back.
Scrapped at 11:36 AM
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Its second week of his day care.Admist of all the adjustment issues and seperation anxiety that Aryan and his parents are going through, our prince brings some smiles to us.
Tuesday, my little prince bids a bye to me with a smile...a smile as in a BIG SMILE !! Aaah ! Could not forget that one till this moment.Thats a different story that the very next day , he refused to sit in car seat and cried all through the way.
Yesterday , he was complimented by the care taker , as in the smartest kid she has seen.I do not know if that was exaggeration , but then you know I am not a pessimist..;-)..hehehe. She said, he saw your car from the window and could recognize it and thats way too much for a kid of his age.Well , is that not enough to make me feel proud and smile.